Ginger is a rhizome from the Zingiberaceae family similar to turmeric, cardamom and galangal. A rhizome is a stem (not a root) that grows underground. This amazing plant has been used as a natural remedy against many diseases for centuries, and is usually consumed as a spice or a tea.
Ginger is rich in vitamin C, magnesium and other minerals that make it great for your health. It can improve your digestion, strengthen your immune system, relieve pain and fight cardiovascular diseases as well as asthma. A cup of hot ginger tea is best enjoyed in the winter – it will warm you up instantly and keep you safe from colds and the flu.
Health benefits of ginger
- The antioxidants in ginger will strengthen your immune system and fight infections in the body;
- Ginger is an excellent natural remedy against colds, cold sores and influenza;
- Ginger tea can improve your circulation and provide your body with oxygen and essential vitamins and minerals;
- It can relieve muscle pains and headache;
- Ginger tea can reduce the risk of stroke.
- ¼ of a teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ of a teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of organic honey
Boil the water in a pot, then add the turmeric and ginger and simmer the tea for about 10 minutes. Once done, leave it to cool down and add the coconut milk and honey in the end. Enjoy your cup of ginger tea.
Source : educationofsoul.com