In the struggle to improve their diet, many people replace meat and eggs with tofu which is presented on the market as a wise substitute. Nevertheless, tofu was proved to be not so healthy food and people shouldn’t consume it instead of raw-dairy products, organic eggs, and grass-fed meat.
Dr. Daniel says that in the West, the food processors separate the soybeans into protein and oil which shows that there is nothing natural and healthy there. During the process of production, anti-nutrients are not removed and many toxic substances are left. Also, cancerogenic residues are being formed by the high pressure, high temperature, alkali and acid baths, and petroleum solvents. As a result of all the processed soy ingredients phytates which block the absorbtion of minerals, and trypsin which interrupts normal digestion, the fractionated products hydrolyze and isolate plant protein. Although is it a whole soy product, tofu contains these anti-nutrients.
High soy diet can cause the following health issues:
- Brain damage;
- Soy allergies;
- Reproductive disorders;
- Premature puberty and development problems in babies, children, and adolescents;
- Thyroid problems such as: weight gain, lethargy, fatigue, hair loss, malaise, and loss of libido;
- Increase the risk of heart issues, stroke and birth defects;
- Raises homocysteine levels.
A petition written on 65 pages was sent to the FDA by Dr. Daniel in which he and his colleagues asked them to withdraw the state that `soy prevents heart disease` that was approved in 1999.
We shouldn’t forget that babies and children are still developing and are vulnerable to the effects of soy`s hormone, which means that daily exposure to estrogen-imitating chemicals in children that are soy formulas has been increased by 6-11 times more than in adults who ate any soy food. Also, the blood concentration of the hormones has been increased for 13,000-22,000 times more than estrogen in the blood. Estrogenic equivalent consumed by infants has been equalized up to 5 control pills a day. Therefore, your infants should be fed solely with natural products. Even pregnant women should avoid this food.
This is why soy beans should be avoided:
- Most of them are genetically modified and are rich in pesticides;
- They contain hemaglutinis which causes the red blood cells to clump together;
- They have goitrogens which can cause thyroid disorder;
- Soy beans contain anti-nutrients (natural toxins) which are rich in inhibitors that deter the enzymes essential for digestion of proteins and are released by regular cooking. This may cause chronic deficiencies in amino acid uptake and extensive gastric diseases which may lead to serious pancreatic impairments and cancer;
- They also contain high levels of phytates which prevent the absorption of minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc.
There is a safe way to consume them:
- Miso– a salty paste with buttery texture, usually used in miso soup;
- Natto– with a sticky texture and taste of cheese. They are rich in vitamin K2, nattokinase (blood thinner), and bacillus subitills (a beneficial bacteria);
- Tempeh– a cake with firm texture and with nutty and mushroom taste;
- Soy sauce– there are many types and some of them are artificial, so you should be careful. The natural soy sauce is made by fermented soybeans, enzymes, and salt.
Some of the unhealthy soy products which should definitely be avoided are: soy cheese, soy milk, soy ice cream, soy burgers, soy energy bars, soy protein powders, and so on. You should consume fermented, unprocessed, raw, and fresh products prepared by you, and avoid all sorts of processed foods.
Source : healthonlinecentral.com