It is a known fact that main reasons for obesity are sugar, fats and carbohydrates. People are not usually aware of the amount of sugar they consume daily.
The huge amount of industrial sugar in foods and drinks such as, sodas, cola, candy, pouch juices etc puts the body in overload and overconsumption can create problems in the body such as: consequent fatigue, yeast infections, hyperactivity, sinus problems. In addition, huge amount of sugar intake on a daily basis may increase the risk of diabetes, breast cancer and even cardiovascular disease.
The fact is that body converts the sugar into energy, but, the problem is when the body is overload with sugar then body converts the remains of sugar as body fat. Furthermore, the bad news is that the industrial sugar has no benefits on our metabolism like natural sugar has. When the sugar is consumed then the bowel bacteria increases the blood sugar levels, and the body makes this type of sugar into fat in the waist, hips, thighs and face.
When people try to quit sugar the experience sadness, headaches, fatigue, cravings, or even worse if the person is addicted to sugar he experience the symptoms after a meal, the body still feels hungry and needs sugar, thus the brain sends signals that the person is still hungry. Person who is addicted to sugar will take a snack or satisfies the “hunger” with a cookie, the interesting thing is that all the symptoms of sadness, headaches will disappear and the person will feel better.
If a person wants to break this addiction he must become aware of the symptoms and discomfort for a few days, once the person manage to stop with sugar consumption the person will be much healthier, energized and refreshed.
3 DAY SUGAR DETOX
- Breakfast: 1 cup oats with berries and seeds or you can use almond, you can also choose to have 3 scrambled eggs.
- Mid morning snack: a small amount of nuts
- Lunch: Poached chicken breast with a bowl of lightly cooked beets, carrots, turnips, beans and almonds
- Dinner: Cooked fish and green beans, or use salmon with stir-fried mushrooms and broccoli
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with spinach or 1 cup of oats with almonds or berries
- Mid-morning snack: small bowl of nuts
- Lunch: Shredded green and red cabbage salad with shredded carrots, with olive oil, grilled zucchini with red and yellow peppers and dressing of lemon, lemon juice and salt garnished with chopper parsley.
- Dinner: Green vegetables of your choice and bean soup, or combine baked cod with fried bok choy with Brussels sprouts and turnips
- Breakfast: 1 cup of oats and seeds, berries and almond, or 3 fried eggs combined with shrimp and radish and walnut salad and a sautéed kale.
- Mid-morning snack: a small bowl of nuts
- Lunch: Roasted chicken thighs with sage, lemon, rosemary or oven roasted chicken combined with thyme, onion and black olives.
- Dinner: Mushrooms with garlic, onion, celery, carrots, bay leaves and thyme, or combine penne pasta with mushroom, basil and tomato sauce.
Sugar detox – drinks
Try to eliminate drinks high in sugar and replace them with sugared fruit juices with water and combine healthy hot mixtures that will help your metabolism.
Slice or chop blueberries, grapefruits, strawberries or oranges, you can add mint leaves or rosemary and put the ingredients in a jar filled with filtered water. Keep it in a refrigerator and consume it daily.
Tea: Drink unsweetened herbal or green tea 3 times every day.
Coffee: Consume 1cup of unsweetened black coffee daily
Good to know:
- Stay away from artificial sweeteners like honey, agave nectar, maple syrup etc. If you use even the small amount of sugar your body will want more.
- Fighting cravings is real battle
- Replace fast carbohydrate foods like white bread and fruit juices with slow carbohydrate foods, consume whole grains instead. These types of food will help you with cravings, and sugar overload, it will help you in regulation of sugar in the bloodstream
- Use extra-virgin olive oil whenever you cook
- Eat 2 ounces of nuts and seeds every day, include flaxseeds and walnuts
- Consume 1 big bowl of green vegetables every day because enough nutrients will help you in fighting the addiction.
- Consume green salad daily
- Consume at least ½ cup of beans, lentils and chickpeas every day because they are known to reduce the sugar cravings.
- Drink plenty of water
After you finish this 3-day detox plan all of the symptoms like depression, fatigue, headaches will completely disappear and you will notice that this addiction can be fought and you can live without sugar intake.
Don’t forget to consult with a nutritionist or a doctor after you finish this 3 day detox plan, they will create a diet program so you can low the sugar addiction at minimal and instead choosing healthier sugar such as: dry fruits, fruits and low sugar desserts. Following this method will help your body to lose weight and you will feel healthier.
Source : healthypage365.com