Oranges are rich source of vitamin C. They are also packed with vitamins A and B, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, soluble fiber and other nutrients.
Fruit acids and vitamin C are present in abundance just beneath the skin peels. The peels even have more phytonutrients and flavonoids than the inner pulp.
Removes Blackheads and Whiteheads
Being slightly abrasive in nature, orange peel powder works as a natural exfoliating agent that can remove dirt and dead skin cells from your skin. This helps prevent the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. It even reduces the occurrence of acne.
- Prepare a paste with equal amounts of orange peel powder and plain yogurt.
- Apply it on your face and neck area, using gentle circular motions.
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- With wet hands, gently rub off the paste.
- Use this remedy every other day to reduce blackheads and whiteheads. Then, repeat once a week as a preventive measure.
Fresh orange peels can also reduce the yellow tinge accumulated on your teeth. The peel contains a compound known as d-limonene that helps reduce teeth staining, especially smoking stains.
- Simply rub the inside of an orange peel (the white portion) over your teeth for 2 to 3 minutes, and then rinse your mouth and teeth with lukewarm water. Do this twice daily until you are satisfied with the results.
- Alternatively, mix some orange peel powder and a little water to make a paste. You can also add dried leaves in it. Put this paste on your toothbrush and use it to brush your teeth. Repeat twice daily for a few weeks.
Aids Weight Loss
Orange peels can help you lose weight. Many nutritional components of oranges are present in the peel, especially vitamin C. This antioxidant vitamin helps burn fat.
In your weight-loss diet, include orange peel tea instead of coffee and sodas. To make this tea:
- Dry the peels from a few oranges in a cool, dry place.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the dried peels in 1 cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the peels and add a little raw honey.
- Drink 2 cups of this herbal tea daily.
Note: Make sure you use the peels from organic oranges and wash them thoroughly before drying
Source : myhealthylifecentar.com