All parents know how lice can be annoying. They are contagious and sometimes difficult to remove. Head lice are small, wingless insects in human hair and feed on blood sucking form the scalp.
They usually occur in children in school, boys and girls, but girls are more prone to these parasites. Although they are not dangerous, a single bite can cause itching and the scalp becomes inflamed.
This can lead to irritation and infection. There are numerous lice shampoos and similar products in the market, which tend to be inefficient and expensive. Sometimes, they can cost more than $ 100. Many parents use various treatments and spend hours combing and checking their kids hairs, and at some point realize that everything is useless and try to find some other way to finally get rid of these pesky parasites.
Fortunately, there are a healthier alternative that can help eliminate lice from your hair children.
- Listerine mouthwash (You can use another brand).
- Lice comb.
- White vinegar.
- A couple of towels.
- Shower cup or plastic bags.
- First, wash your child’s head with mouthwash until it is completely wet.
- Wrap the hair with a plastic bag or cover it with a bathing cap. Let it sit for an hour minimum.
- Then, carefully remove the plastic bag/bathing cap.
- Wash your kid’s hair with vinegar and cover it again with a hat/bag for an additional hour.
- Then, remove the bag/hat and wash child’s hair with regular shampoo.
- Then, comb the hair with a lice comb. Vinegar will help you remove lice eggs from the hair.
The strong smell of Listerine will keep them away. Lice can not stand the smell of spearmint and therefore they go, you can add some Listerine in a spray bottle and apply it on your child’s hair before going to school. The whole treatment lasts a couple of hours.
However, it is much better option than using commercial products against lice that are full of chemicals that enter the child’s bloodstream.
This treatment has several advantages over commercial products:
- It is healthy and without side effects
- It provides long-term results (after treatment, lice are unlikely to appear again).
- It’s cheap (it costs nothing but a few dollars).
- Just a couple of spritzes of mix green / mint water will keep the lice away.
- It provides complete protection.
- The child’s hair is smooth and shiny, with nice smell.
Source : healthytipsworld.net