There are many factors which can contribute to the occurrence of back pain including strained muscles, vertebrae, spinal stenosis, diseases, injuries, etc.
Even though it can be acute and last up to a month or more, usually the pain disappears without any treatment. However, in some cases, the pain can become chronic and then there is a need for additional testing.
Everyone has experienced stiffness in their neck or shoulder at least one time. This is characterized by heaviness in the head, tiredness, and stiffness in the muscles and neck which usually causes pain.
Improper posture and carrying heavy things can worsen your condition or even cause arthritis.
Tips for a Healthy Back
- In order to maintain a healthy back, it is very important to exercise regularly. The sedentary lifestyle can weaken the waist muscles and cause back pain.
- If your current mattress is older than 5 years, it is recommended to get a new one. It has been proven that mattresses can improve the quality of your life and eliminate your back pain.
- You should avoid sleeping on your stomach because it can be harmful to your back and neck.
- Walk for 30 minutes every day. Also, you can try hiking which is considered as very beneficial for the back muscles.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects. They can intensify the pain and deform your spine.
- And if you must lift heavy things, make sure to bend your knees and crouch first. In this way, you will activate your thigh muscles and ease the lifting.